I liked the spicy soup with the cool sour cream. I didn’t make any changes and I thought it was perfect just as written!
- 1large onion, diced
- 3garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 1apple, cored, peeled and diced
- 1⁄2cauliflower, cut into florets (about 2 cups)
- 2medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cubed (4 cups)
- 6cups vegetable stock
- 2teaspoons garam masala
- 1⁄2teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2cup low-fat sour cream (optional)
- In a large saucepan, sautee the onion and garlic until golden.
- Add cauliflower, apples and squash and stir together.
- Add broth and spices. Bring to a boil and simmer for 30 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
- Either with a blender, stick blender or food mill, puree the soup until creamy.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- If desired, swirl in sour cream.